The CISL Consulting Services Group will present an online tutorial at 9 a.m. MDT on Tuesday, March 30, to help Casper users transition from the Slurm scheduler to PBS Pro. Users who have experience with PBS on Cheyenne are encouraged to attend as well, as there are a few differences between the PBS deployments on each system. Topics will include:
- Batch and interactive scheduling with qsub, qsubcasper, execcasper, and JupyterHub
- Starting remote desktops with vncmgr
- Optimal use of resource requests to provision CPUs, GPUs, and memory
- Types of PBS jobs and usage limits
- Querying job data using qstat and qhist
The 45-minute tutorial will be followed by a 10-minute question and answer session. Please use this link to register
. Register early and you will receive a link and your personal login details the day before the tutorial. The tutorial will be recorded and published.